Peace quickly setting in! New type of stress arising - how to make the most of the next 9 days??
Arrived Kona Airport yesterday afternoon about 2:45 pm Hawaii time. Drove through the moonscape (the lava fields were exactly what I anticipated them to be). Checked in to condo at Mauna Lani Point and got in unit around 4:30 pm. Wonderful setting, great space. Very asian theme to unit decor, which is kind of unique and fun. The "Loo" family are owners and take unit-readiness, renter-happiness seriously and their special touches already make this more special than it otherwise would be. (for instance, every guidebook, historical novel, and picture book that I have or could have heard of is in the unit. So is music from every hawaiian artist. I haven't found Blue Hawaii on blu-ray yet but it's probably here somewhere).
We grabbed a nice dinner at Merriman's Cafe in the Waikoloa area last night - everyone says their restaurant in Waimea is great - so was the cafe! Then we bought some basic staples (ice cream and longboard beer) and returned to the unit because we all were tired at 7:30 pm! (12:30 am Minnesota).
Looking forward to getting acclimated today, probably building SC1, and just generally enjoying. Sun is now starting to make things lighter - Paige and I have been enjoying the lanai in the dark and now are getting revealed to the world here at 6 am so we're going to start moving. More later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment