Day 5 was spent at Hapuna Beach, where the "crisp" set in and we really started to feel like we've been under the Hawaiian sun for 5 days. The aches and pains of running, walking, and (generally, except for a few meals and oh yeah, there's the daily shave ice) time in the ocean are starting to be noticeable. Does anyone in the midwest feel sorry for me yet? Actually as I sit here and write this (at 6 am on day 6) on our lanai - I see the back of a whale surfacing 50 yards from our coastline. Incredible setting.
When we booked the trip, we were a bit worried about how "tropical" the trip would feel spent in a Kohala resort with a golf course. OK, maybe it was just me. So we asked our travel agent, Lauri Altendorf (who I could not imagine having done a better job for us, now on two Hawaii vacations), to find a nice Hawaiian hotel for our last two nights. She did as we asked and I'm sure it will be nice - but as I sit here on the lanai I can't help but think about how STUPID I was. This resort is perfect. But tomorrow we're checking out and I've got no one to blame but myself. Again, I'm sure plenty of sympathy is headed my way from the 30 degree midwest. OK, back to day 5.
Alex chose the beach today and we went back to Hapuna. Ford rode the waves like crazy. Alex and Paige joined him, and both went further out. Paige taught us all that you should not wear your Snorkel Bob's rental goggles in the surf, as a wave took her over and then carried them off to who knows where. The beach was hot, the waves were rough, but it was another great day at the beach. Suzy packed a lunch for us so we spent the whole day there.
We wrapped up (after stopping at Snorkel Bob's to buy the replacement goggles) at our condo pool (which is a hidden gem of this trip - review descriptions set our expectations way low) before returning home to get ready for the Haleo Luau (on the grounds of the previously mentioned hotel).
Monday, April 1, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment