Just got back from a very tame day - weather was a bit cloudy (that's as close as I'll get to a complaint about Hawaii weather - and we didn't even mind). Because we changed rooms at the condo, we now have a complete oceanfront suite that is all glass on the ocean-side - so we lingered this morning with breakfast, day planning, and just "vacationing" around the room and the complex. Suzy got her toe nails touched up (I think that's what she did - I don't understand that stuff and maybe she got all her nails done, I don't know - I'm not even sure what touching up nails means), then we headed into Lahaina for Maui Tacos, shopping, and Banyan Tree Park (which is really cool).
We re-acquainted ourselves with Shave Ice - and found the best place for it in Maui - Annie's Shave Ice. Awesome. Inside, Suzy again recognized someone from Wayzata - and then I realized I knew the guy - they go to Woodridge and he was on the building committee with me. Spent 20 minutes or so catching up with them, who are here for the week with their 4 kids.
We then shopped around Lahaina before heading to Ka'anapali Beach for a very relaxed afternoon with the kids playing on a quiet beach (quiet probably because of the clouds and a bit of wind). Frozen pizza gourmet at the unit tonight - I'll probably get the keyboard greasy because I got a cable for my camera that will allow me to add photos to this blog! (and I'm eager to share).

No comments:
Post a Comment