Paige got her hair braided this morning and now looks like a beautiful little island girl. If I can get a cord for my camera I'll upload a picture later today.
A couple of suggestions while I'm thinking about it - I decided this trip that I was going to highlight, scribble, and write notes all over our Frommer's guidebook - and I'm glad I did. Very rarely do people re-use these because they're updated annually, and there really isn't any reason to keep it pristine - it's actually become a good log/record of our trip, and the highlighting and tabbing is very helpful at keeping us focused. This is a practice I've never done before but would recommend to anyone who plans/thinks like me (and maybe that is just me, come to think of it). The other suggestion is that if anyone is ever coming to Hawaii and staying for a week or so on a particular island, I would STRONGLY recommend the "..(island name).. Revealed" book for that island, published by Wizard Publications, Inc. Matter-of-fact, un-paid, unbiased call-it-like-it-is reviews and descriptions are awesome. Great for understanding the whole island and focusing your time appropriately.
So, I should get off - kids are getting restless even though the music of Iz is wafting through our unit and the wind is blowing outside - we think we're going to do more beach (possibly Oneloa) and then hit the town of Lahaina just south of here.
Alright, back on - Alex wanted to chill with his PSP/DS, Ford, Paige, and Suzy wanted to pool, and I thought I'd blog a bit - so I'm working backwards on logging our trip. I really want to get the pictures added so we may need to look for a camera cord this afternoon. This record of our trip may last forever! [Kids if you're reading this in the distant future - we had a great time - and if one of you is now rich, please buy me a place on Kaua'i - even if it has a headstone. Better yet, if I'm dead (let's assume it's the way distant future), just scatter my ashes at Mahaulepu Beach.]

Loved the descriptions! So much fun to know what is going on as you experience it. I wish I had used your guidebook idea for all the trips we have taken. I don't think I've ever reused a guidebook.
ReplyDelete